We independently research, review, and recommend the best products. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
If you’re planning on getting your hands dirty in 2023, it might be time to invest in a good pair of gardening gloves. A decent set will keep your hands clean, warm, and protected — no more finding thorns lodged where they shouldn’t be.
But with so many options available at varying prices, how do you find a pair that’s perfect for your budget and next gardening project? That’s where we can help.
Our green-fingered experts have hand-picked some of the best garden gloves around, rating them by material, fit, durability, and more.
Skick Leather Gardening Gloves
Our rating: 4/5
If your goal is to prevent cuts and scratches, these gardening gloves from Skick are a game-changer. Not only do they provide protection against thorns and spikes, but they also offer anti-insect sting and chemical protection.
But that’s not all – they’re also dirt-resistant, thanks to their premium durable leather material. And with double thread stitching and elastic wrists, they’re easy to put on and take off, making them perfect for any gardening task.
- Anti-insect sting and chemical protection keeps your hands safe and healthy
- Premium durable leather material keeps your hands clean and grit-free
- Double thread stitching and elastic wrists
- Not water resistant
- Not as thick as other varieties
- A little cumbersome
Clip General Purpose Gloves
Our rating: 4.2/5
The Clip General Purpose Gloves are a real fan favourite here at Garden Reviews. They’re great for everyday tasks, such as weeding, pruning, planting, and harvesting. They come in both male and female sizes and have a synthetic leather palm, spandex back, and reinforced fingers for added durability. The adjustable velcro wrist strap ensures a snug fit.
They’re comfortable and breathable, too. The grip is good, although you may not be able to feel what you’re doing as well as with thinner gloves. They’re easily cleaned and long-lasting, and are in the middle price range, making them good value for money.
- Comfortable and breathable
- Adjustable velcro wrist strap for a snug fit
- Synthetic leather palm and reinforced fingers for added durability
- Easily cleaned and long-lasting
- Good value for money
- Fiddly to take on and off
- Not insulated or waterproof
- May not be able to feel what you’re doing as well as with thinner gloves
CoolJob Gardening Gloves
Our rating: 4.5/5
The CoolJob Gardening Gloves are an excellent choice for anyone in need of reliable hand protection. They are made from breathable and comfortable polyester, which helps to keep hands cool and dry, even in hot weather.
The gloves are stretchy and seamless, providing flexibility and dexterity, and have a long cuff to keep dirt and debris out. The elastic wrist allows for easy on and off, and the gloves are available in medium and large sizes. The gloves are also machine washable for long-term use!
- Breathable and comfortable polyester
- Stretchy and seamless for flexibility
- Long cuff to keep dirt and debris out
- Elastic wrist for easy on and off
- Machine washable
- Customers said they were sponge-like
- A little difficult to move around
Sleek Garden Bamboo Gardening Gloves
Our rating: 4.6/5
Sleek Garden’s Bamboo Gardening Gloves are a little bit different. Not only are they made from breathable bamboo material, but you can use your smartphone with them! Perfect if you want to take some snaps of your pride and joy as you go.
They also feature a comfortable, foam coating that provides a strong grip in both wet and dry conditions, along with a pull-on closure for easy on and off.
- Breathable bamboo material for comfort
- Foam coating provides strong grip and hand protection
- Likely not to last as long as other models
- Not the thickest
Toolant Gardening Gloves for Women
Our rating: 4.5/5
Men, look away now. Toolant’s Gardening Gloves for women are a stylish alternative for anyone with slender hands. These gloves are made from polyurethane synthetic leather and are designed to be both puncture-resistant and breathable, thanks to the use of fast-dry fabrics and a unique sewing structure.
They are lightweight, dry fit, and provide high dexterity, making them comfortable to wear for long periods of time. While they are not waterproof or mold-resistant, they are powder-free.
- Puncture-resistant and breathable
- Lightweight, dry fit, and high dexterity
- Easy to put on and take off with pull-on closure
- Made by reputable manufacturer
- Not water-resistant
- Not mould-proof
- No men’s sizes
Burgon and Ball Gardening Gloves
Our rating: 5/5
These stylish, feminine gloves are soft yet hard-wearing, adding an air of elegance to getting dirty in the garden. They’re crafted from strong synthetic materials with a true leather trim, giving them a classic and timeless look.
The brown, padded palm provides extra comfort when using tools, and the two-way stretch material between the fingers keeps your hands cool and comfortable while still allowing for full mobility. Plus, with a long history of crafting high-quality gardening tools, you can trust that these gloves are made by experts.
- Made from strong synthetic materials with real leather trim
- Traditional and timeless design
- Padded palm for extra comfort
- Two-way stretch material for cool and comfortable fit
- Reliable brand
- We’re struggling to find any negatives!